I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tablescape #11

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


This photograph was my inspiration for My Thanksgiving Day Tablescape

I love the woodsy look with the nuts, berries, leaves and fruit. And, the pheasant is soooo....grand.  Now, you know how Thrifty I am and I love Vintage things so I have set the table with the same color tones as my inspiration photograph and my treasures.


The table is set for five.  Yes, just five. Son #1 is staying home with his two girls. Son #2 is staying home with his two girls and his beautiful wife entertaining the In-Laws.  #3 daughter and two girls are spending Thanksgiving here. (The girls are 9 & 10)

I'm truly grateful for this day.  I have had an awesome year.  My husband's health issues are being resolved, I have been on two amazing vacations and I celebrated 50 years of marriage.
Wow!!!! And the year isn't over yet.

Welcome to Thanksgiving Dinner. We can always find another plate and chair.


My dear friend brought me this darling spoon last week as a hostess gift for inviting her to my Harvest Tea.


The dishes are Ridgway Ironstone Staffordshire England "Antique Rose"


This is about as woodsy as I could get this year.


I just purchased this set of dishes about two months ago at the Antique Mall and they were just a great buy.


Since my granddaughters are spending the day with us Old People, I thought it would be fun if they had some activities to do.  Yes, we are baking the cupcakes for Cupcake Sunday and making Christmas Pins for their teachers.  I also have a DVD of the Radio City Christmas Show to watch.  Plus puzzles and my ace in the hole is TV.


The platter for the Turkey and the serving dish for the Mashed Potatoes.
The girls love Mashed Potatoes and Stuffing. 




Fostoria "American" is my favorite vintage glass pattern





Susan over @ Between Naps on the Porch had a napkin tutorial on napkin folding.  I love this one and wanted something special for my Thanksgiving Tablescape


OK!! I thought the girls would like to have name cards so I found the old scrabble game (circa 1975) and just made the name cards. I think they will enjoy adding the letters to see who has the most points. There are only four trays in the game so I will be looking for more trays at garage sales and estate sales this year and next year maybe have trays to hold the letters.


There's a Pheasant in the house.  Oh! Wait just a feather.




I think we have a winner.  Lexi has the X for 8 points.


Pa and Ma are losing.




I put a battery tea light in the cup for candlelight


Berries, nuts and fruit.

Thank you so much spending Thanksgiving Day at My Cozy Corner.


Please join me on Sunday November 28, 2010 for

Cupcake Sunday

I'm joining friends over at

Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Coloradolady for Vintage Thursday
and
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

Please link back to their blogs for entertaining posts.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving

xo
Betty




12 comments:

  1. You know how to set a pretty table. Makes a meal more pleasant. Sounds like you have had a fairly blessed year. Glad to hear things are going well for you and trust they will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table. I love your dishes, perfect for the holiday. What cute place cards too!! I love that, what a nice touch. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for place cards! And I love the dishes you found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dishes are beautiful and the table is YUMMY! I'm thinking of "THOSE CUPCAKES"!!! Your Granddaughters should have a wonderful time!!!
    "Happy Thanksgiving to you and Yours" AND have LOTS OF FUN!!!
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely table setting, I love your idea for the place cards! ~~Happy Thanksgiving~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Betty.

    Your table looks lovely, and your new dishes are gorgeous. I've always wanted to use the Scrabble letters, but like you, I need more trays.

    See you Saturday for Pink Saturday.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty...this is sooo beautiful! Your china is gorgeous! Your napkins look great! What a darling gift...love that sweet spoon! The scramble placecards are genius! I bet they were a huge hit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love the china, it looks perfect on your table. Your scrabble letters are something I'm sure your "girls" enjoyed. Thanks for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table...love the different shades of brown in your gorgeous china.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty table! I love your ironstone and the lovely natural elements you used :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table!! Those dishes are exquisite! The whole table is just so lovely!

    Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your china is lovely, and it's a perfect choice for your Thanksgiving tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...