I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, November 8, 2010

Then and Now

My favorite day.  Monday!!!! 

I was out of town over the weekend. On Friday evening I attended my first granddaughter's performance as 'Fantine' in Les Miserables performed entirely by students.  It was amazing.  I cried and applauded as 'My Little Song Bird'  sang "I Dreamed a Dream." Oh what a joy to see my granddaughter enjoy her life in the moment.

Today I'm joining Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.
and
The Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
  Use the links to bounce back to the blogs for more inspiration

I want to share with you my home.  How it was Then (1969) and Now (2010).

Then


The first window is the master bedroom and second window is the living room. 

The house was 800 sq ft. and it sits on eight/tenths of one acre.  The property had plenty of pine trees as you can see and there was no water as the the pump was broken and a sewer line needed to be connected to the street before it was a place where I would live.  Two bedrooms, kitchen, living room and laundry room and  the price was right.


This photo has a view of  the bay window and the front door.



More room was needed for the growing family and sweetheart did some logging on the property before construction started.


  Just adding a living room and a new master bedroom.


The front door was moved around to the side of the house.  And the most beautiful old oak tree was in the back yard.


On the end of the house is one bedroom and the living room was converted into a second bedroom.  Oh!! We needed more room because with two small boys and a baby coming the small house was very small.

Now


The oak tree died about 1990 and the tree in the front yard is about 30 years old.


The window in the porch area is the master bedroom and the front door is to the left.


My sweetheart has built all the iron fencing in the front yard and completely fenced the back yard.


My sweetheart has done mostly all the interior remodeling of the original house and all of the exterior construction.  The remodels were 1970-1975. 1988-1990.  It has been 20 years since any major remodel has been done so the kitchen and dining room floor need some attention.  As I always say "I have moved 5 times to the garage, but never moved off the property". LOL:)


Big Tree

 
 Then and Now

Thanks for visiting and please come back.  

 My Cozy Corner
xo
Betty

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your granddaughter for her performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by from Met Monday. Oh what wonderful memories! It seems now days we don't stay in our homes that we raise our kids in. It is a great feeling to go home to realize our parents are still in the house we grew up in! I don't think my kids will get to do that as we want to downsize when they are gone. Thanks so much for sharing these memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a house to a beautiful home. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...hats off to you, moving to the garage. My parents once did a 3 month remodel with no kitchen and she said never again. What a wonderful looking home you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to see the house grow over the years along with your family! Our house has grown, too. Originally it was just a Cape Cod style single story, but now it has three bedrooms and a bath upstairs as well... Your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...