I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Look at Venice


Hello everyone, 
A look back to the past. Our first stop on our trip was Venice, Italy. This is the original post.
During my vacation I took photographs to share with everyone.  I thought the perfect way to show photos of each port of call would be to create a mosaic.  SO!!!!!!

Please enjoy Venice, Italy Monday July 26, 2010.

Venice is a wonderful place to visit.  St. Mark's Square is amazing.   The heart and soul of Venice, with palatial arcades and charming cafes.  The Byzantine facade of St Mark's Cathedral was originally constructed in the 9th century and the gondoliers are standing around waiting for their next customer. There are many churches in Venice. Visiting the inside of exquisite Doges' Palace, the former residence of the dukes of Venice and the seat of the Venetian government for 800 years was fabulous. Climbing the Golden Staircase to marvel at the paintings of Tintoretto and Veronese and crossing over the Bridge of Sighs to reach the prison and view the cells was like stepping back in time.  As the story is told.  The prisoners would walk through the passages to their cells and would see the beautiful sight of the island of  S. Giorgio and freedom for the last time.

Hope you enjoyed a snippet of the sights in Venice. 

I am joining Mary at Little Red House  for Mosaic Monday.  Please hop back and see more mosaics. 

Thank you again for visiting My Cozy Corner

Please leave a comment and become a follower

xoxo
Betty
LINKING TO:

7 comments:

  1. Venice is the most beautiful and romantic place I've ever visited! I loved all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Venice scenes! It is a gorgeous place to visit and photograph! Lovely mosaic! Have a happy weekend.. My travel blog has my entry: http://travelwitheileen.blogspot.com/2013/10/national-parks-closed.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Venice -- it was beautiful! And the Doge's palace -- marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the mosaic, I can't wait to visit Venice again this October...yes just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I totally adore Venice and ALL ITALY!!! Such a gorgeous country, almost my fav in Europe! Beautiful Venice potos, thanks for reminding me. Thanks for your sweet and kind visit my friend. Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...