I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Our Pomegranate Tree


Signs of Fall
Hello everyone,
The pomegranates are ready to pick.  
My pomegranate tree doesn't grow the dark ruby colored fruit that's sold in the grocery store, but the flavor of the light colored skin and pale colored seeds is just as delicious as the dark ones. The bush was a little sucker from my neighbor's tree and I transplanted it about 35 years ago.  It does a great job of shading the plants underneath on hot summer days and provides me with a delicious treat every fall. 
The tree provides enough fruit for eating, juicing and decorating during the fall season.
I think the pomegranate is the most beautiful and healthy fruit.  When I was young girl,  my sister and I would go to my grandmother's house every summer for a visit and sit under a pomegranate tree with a towel wrapped  around our neck to protect our clothing from getting stained.  We would sit and eat for hours and eat as many pomegranates as we could pick clean.  What a great memory.   I was the champion of eating the most pomegranates and not wasting any seeds.
I think that's the reason I have always had a pomegranate tree.
The strawberries, peony and the lenten rose are shaded by the pomegranate tree.

The pomegranates are picked and ready to squeeze into juice. 
The pomegranate is cut in half and put into the press. Just like squeezing an orange. This juicer can be used to juice many fruits.  

The juice is squeezed into a half gallon jar and then poured into freezer bags and frozen.  I thaw the juice to make pomegranate jelly for hostess gifts or Christmas giveaways to our special friends and family.  Our granddaughters love having a jar of Pomegranate jelly in the fridge for toast and waffles or peanut butter and pomegranate jelly sandwiches...
Printable Recipe for Pomegranate Jelly
I'll be busy making some jelly soon. When Thanksgiving dinner is over and the leftovers are packed in containers for distribution to my adult children I always include a jar of delicious pomegranate jelly to go.
Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner today. 
Betty
Linking to:
Hope you enjoy your weekend











8 comments:

  1. This is my very favorite jelly!! I have never juiced my own pomegranates. Your juicer seems to be the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about this post. I am pinning. Just yesterday my produce guy picked out a pomegranate for me. I picked the prettiest, he said no,no don't overlook the ugly duckling - he gave me one he promised will be wonderful. I having it tomorrow. I can't wait to see your jelly post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want a pomegranate tree!! You are very lucky. Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tree! I would love to have one. There was an old Antebellum home in our town called Pomegranate Hall - so I'm thinking they could grow here! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about pomegranate tree. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. RR
    เกม Candy Dreams ของทางค่าย Evoplay Slot เกมนี้มาในธีมลูกอมและขนมหวานสไตล์เดียวกับ Candy Crush
    แต่จะเน้นโทนสีพาสเทล ฟ้าอ่อน ชมพูอ่อน เหมือนขนมสายไหมและมาชเมลโล่ ให้ความรู้สึกหวานแหววและฟูนุ่มเบาสบาย สาว ๆ เห็นแล้วน่าจะชอบเกมนี้ไม่น้อย
    สล็อต1234
    สล็อต1234

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...