I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Visit to Corfu, Greece



Continuing 50th Wedding Anniversary Trip
We are off to Corfu, Greece this week.  This port of call was on July 29, 2010.  A beautiful Thursday morning.  Off we go.....


We passed through the main part of the town of Corfu and headed out into Corfu's lush and verdant countryside of olive, orange and lemon trees.  Our destination was the village of Gastouri, where we visited the Achillion-the mansion built by the Empress Elisabeth of Austria and later owned by Kaiser Wilhelm II.  Its beautiful gardens and statues have been left intact for visitors to admire.  We continued to Kanoni for a distant view of the convent of Vlacherna and Mouse Island.  We returned to town by a different route and took a walk through the narrow streets of the old district.  We stopped at the beautiful St. Spiridon church before returning to the ship.

Hope you enjoy the beautiful sights of Greece and thank you for visiting me at My Cozy Corner.

I am happy to join Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.

Hope you leave a comment and become a follower.
Linking To:

Betty 

7 comments:

  1. What a magical trip! Thanks for sharing these delightful photos! Greece is on my "someday" list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the pleasure of seeing a part of Greece. Wish I could go back and enjoy much more. Thanks for this brief tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and wow what beautiful photos of Greece. I hope to visit is someday. TFS. I saw it at throwback thurs.
    Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful trip to be on and your photos are amazing. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful. Greece is on the very top of my bucket list. I loved seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pictures of Greece! I've always wanted to visit! Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...