I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, April 5, 2012

*Easter Dessert* Carrot Cake Petit Fours


Hello Everyone, 
This is a busy week getting ready for company and the granddaughters are out of school.  I wanted to bake something special for this Easter.  As you know by following me awhile I love to try something new.  Blogging gives the freedom to play and experiment with a new idea and test it to see if I would like to make it again.
I love TeaTime magazine and in March/April 2007 I saw these adorable 
CARROT CAKE PETIT FOURS
with the darling bunny heads on top and I couldn't wait to make them for
Easter Dessert


The Easter Buffet is set with all the whimsical Easter goodies and Mr. and Mrs. Bunny came for a visit.
You know they were center stage last year. 


CARROT CAKE PETIT FOURS PRINTABLE RECIPE IS HERE


This was the very first time I have made petit fours.  Helpful hints: I will keep the melted chocolate warmer as I dip the sandwiches in the pot.  I will cut the petit fours into smaller squares.  These are 2" squares. I think the smaller squares are more practical because of the richness of the dessert. These sandwiches are filled with Cream Cheese Filling and frozen for 1 hour before dipped into melted white chocolate. The heads are made of Marzipan with sliced almonds for ears, and melted chocolate for the whiskers.  I had a little trouble with the whiskers, but this was my first time...


I really had a great time making the dessert and the girls are so excited about having petit fours and ice cream for Easter Dessert on Sunday.
Life is all about family and enjoying life one moment at a time. 


Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.  You all bring me such joy. I love reading your blogs and comments.  What a wonderful community we have.  See you next week when I will be bringing more Spring into My Cozy Corner

I'm joining 
Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday
and
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sunday
Wishing you a Joyous Easter Celebration
xo
Betty

4 comments:

  1. Those are adorable -- and there isn't anything better than carrot cake and cream cheese! With white chocolate! Yum! It's a wonderful Easter dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and I bet they are good. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so yummy and sweet! Beautiful table setting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are sooo adorable! Wonderful to have you with us this Easter at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...