I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Visiting the Shuttle 'Endeavour'


Hi, 
If you are new to My Cozy Corner, welcome. Early in November 2013, Sweetheart and I visited our Son and granddaughters in Pasadena. We visited the Rose Bowl Flea Market HERE and Christmas at Disneyland HERE, One of our vacation days we visited the California Science Center to have a look at the Shuttle 'Endeavour'
Do you remember the commercial of the Toyota Tundra pickup towing the retired space shuttle Endeavour?  
This is a photo of the Tundra...
Set at the entrance of the museum is this iconic element the Giant Lever. It educates guests on the principles of leverage. A force as little as 50 pounds lifts a Toyota Tundra truck. 
My granddaughters are trying to lift the Toyota Tundra...☺
A little history lesson:
Endeavour was the fifth and final spaceworthy NASA space shuttle to be built, and first flew in May 1992 on mission STS-49 with its last mission being STS-134 in May 2011.[2][3] The STS-134 mission was originally planned as the final mission of the Space Shuttle program,[4] but with authorization of the STS-135 mission, Atlantis became the last Space Shuttle to fly.



WOW!!!
Thanks for joining me on my journey into Space☺
Your comments are wonderful...And I love to read them.
I'll be joining:

1 comment:

  1. This is marvelous! Wow is the word! I am honored that you shared at Home and Garden Thursday!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...