I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

*Just a Little Garden Tour*


Hello Everyone. 
 While I was on vacation the roses bloomed and now they are fading away. 
 I wanted to give you a small tour of the garden before
 I start to move things and plant more annuals for the summer.
The angel is new.  I plan to move her to the big garden.  
'Climbing New Dawn' is blooming beautifully. The pink flowers are falling all over the ground and it's so fragrant.


A view from the patio, looking at the flower garden.
 I just finished cleaning the patio and now it's time to weed the flower garden. 
The vegetable garden is to the right and sweetheart just finished planting small plants, so there isn't much to see yet.  I will surely show you the results in about 30 days.


This is 'New Dawn' looking into the backyard.  You can see the pergola that was built last winter.  Sweetheart is installing water and electric next to the left hand post. 
 I will have a drip system on the plants surrounding the entire pergola. I'm so excited to get started planting.


'The Reeve' David Austin English Rose
I think it looks just like a Peony.


'Graham Thomas' A David Austin Rose


Peony
I transplanted these peonies from my mother's yard. To see my mom's yard Go HERE


This is a view from the garden. I'm standing behind my Iceberg Rose.  We have 8/10 of an acre. The weather is very warm in the summer and folks ask us why we don't have a pool.  Well for years we had a boat and would go out to the lake in the evening after work and spend all weekend boating. There are two beautiful lakes about 20 minutes from our house and I loved boating.  Such Freedom.  No telephone, laundry and a picnic is easy to carry.  Just a swimsuit and a towel.  The kids would water ski for hours, then we would stop for  lunch on the boat and float on rafts and swim awhile...
No Pool at this house!


'St Patrick' is one of my favorite beautiful roses and my snow peas are to the right.  YUM! 
 'Tiffany' rose in front of my 'Red Flame' grape vine.  YUM!
I hope to plant Blue Morning Glory on the wire fence next week.


Yes, we have artichokes... I have a 'Therese Bugnet' rose planted behind the artichokes.  Hopefully next year it will taller and more beautiful.


'Ingrid Bergman' is blooming up a storm and my angel is watching the weeds grow. 


I hope you have enjoyed your garden tour.  I have lots of plans for the garden this year and I will be sharing more with you real soon.
Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.

I'm Joining
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Fishtail Cottage for Garden Party
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday 
and 
Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Friday 
Please drop over and visit these awesome blogs.
xo
Betty 

16 comments:

  1. I love those white and green images. White and green has always been a favorite color combo of mine- indoors and out. It's so fresh and pure, clean, but earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your garden tour. It's a lovely garden with lots of beautiful blooms. Loved your pergola too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your garden is gorgeous! love the new dawn rose--i need one:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty,

    I really enjoyed my garden tour! You have lots of wonderful roses and your peonies are fantastic. Enjoy all your pretty blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roses are gorgeous. Artichokes add a nice form to the garden, don't they? I don't grow them but know a woman who does and is always saying how nice they are, especially the seed heads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your yard! Wish I had your privacy fence. You'd done a great job landscaping.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty - I think you were born with TWO green thumbs. lol! What a gorgeous garden! All of your flowers look so colorful and healthy. I can see I'm going to have to run out and buy a 'New Dawn' rose.....Your's is so beautiful!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is such a joy. What pretty flowers you have. My favorites are the yellow roses. Artichokes? Wow! I have never seen them before in a yard...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is just stunning and I LOVE that sweet angel!!
    Everything is so pretty!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've placed your garden statuary among the plants--very pretty. And I am also a lover of David Austin roses--I grow Graham Thomas, but have trained it to be a climber, and it grows (rampantly!) up a turquoise arbor! You have a very pretty garden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just what I needed. It was so delightful to tour your garden. You are an amazing grower. Thank you for sharing. Off to see your mother's garden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I always feel so privelaged to know that inspiration is just a click away when need a bit of a boost for my spirits! It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...landscaping and ideas that all the participants share, and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I have shared your post today with my facebook page for Tootsie Time. I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is spectacular. We live at the beach and have a tiny lot so my garden is miniscule. I just love all of your roses.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Betty, I certainly did enjoy my visit - I just adore roses and yours look wonderful. Most of mine have already spent - looking forward to the second flush, but discovered Japanese Beetles already attacking the roses! It was a joy to stroll through your garden I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for your garden tour . My husband and I finished a project ( in the heat) today. I made a gate in my front yard flower bed. I had a tree that was dead , it was 40 yrs. old. So I decided to not replace it with another tree. What I did is we have this flower bed that is part our and part our neighbors but I have been the one that has maintained it for 30 yrs. and they have lived next to us 11 yrs. Nice neighbors! So what I did is found our boundary line and did go over just a bit with the post and we put in a cedar fence and we curved the gate. The gate does open, I wanted it to be like that. And then I put up a sign I had, Garden Sweet Garden and placed it in the middle of the gate. The little gate is 3 ft x 3 ft. and I used treated boards for the post. I had old fence finuals and I put them ontop of each post. When the boards dry real good, I will paint it all white paint watered down to give it that aged look. It give a "wall" for the eye to stop , with the big tree gone, it was so vast and needed something to break up the amount of space. I will plant behind the gate by the one post a climatis and just let it climb and do it's thing. I will now have an area I can now design and plant because the gate give balance now. I am looking at your garden and taking notes ! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I said fence. What I was trying to describe was that we just made a gate and had 2 post , one on each side to attach the gate. We did not put a fence up in the front flower bed. Just a stationary gate that opens and no fence. Sorry, I hope this makes more sense

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...