I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tablescape #46 - Hummingbirds Love Pink Flowers


Hello Everyone,
The Hummingbirds are busy and it's time to celebrate ...
Pink Saturday's Fourth Birthday!!!


I get so excited when I have a reason to find some fun plates and to design a tablescape.
When I saw these darling plates at Tuesday Morning I had to buy them.  
We have two hummingbird feeders outside our window and it is such a joy to watch the birds fly up  to the feeder and drink the sugar water. We have lots of hummingbirds in our garden too.


I do question the placement of the hummingbirds. One upside down is interesting.
Audubon
Columbian Humming Bird
art for the watercolors of John James Audubon (1851-(1985)
I. Godinger & Co.


White plate - Pier 1~years ago
Clear plate from yard sale ~ years ago
Grape vine wreath  Dollar Tree ~ months ago 
Audubon Plates~ weeks ago


I have been wanting some grape vine wreaths to use as tablescapes, so I decided to make my own from my grape vine in the garden.  Ha - Ha. I started the project and after about an hour with no success I decided my time was more valuable and I found these beauties at the Dollar Tree for a buck a piece and
LIFE IS GOOD TODAY!


Some fun flatware 'New Age' ~ Tuesday Morning months ago


Spring Easter Birds Nest ~ TM clearance ~ last week


Venezia Silver collection stemware ~ winter 2011
Johnson Brothers Tea cups and saucers ~ Thrift store summer 2011
 ( thanks Beth for finding the cup and saucers)




Happy Birthday 
'Pink Saturday'


Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner today
I love your company.  
I'm joining
Bernideen's Tea Time Blog for  Tea in the Garden
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
and
HOW SWEET THE SOUND for PINK SATURDAY (BIRTHDAY)

Happy Blogging
xo
Betty   

11 comments:

  1. Oh Betty this is GORGEOUS! Those hummingbird plates are "To Die For"!!! LOVE,LOVE,LOVE those little birds! Hmmmm, I think I need some plates with them on it! I also love your details(all of them), the twig wreaths raising the plates is PERFECT!!! HAHAHA, I agree on making the wreaths. I can picture your attempt though!
    Thank you for the ideas "AND" a few new things on my wishlist!
    Have a fun week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty,
    Your table is sweet with the hummingbird china. I love the twig wreaths beneath the plates and the 'nest' you created! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Betty,
    Those plates are so lovely. I love Hummingbirds and we too have so many. They dive bomb each other at the feeder. I have a pair of humming bird salt and pepper shakers, but I dont use them as I'm afraid the beak will get broken. These are very nice..
    have a great Holiday weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely table setting and plates! Beautiful post here! Thank you for linking to Tea in the Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betty, Love your sweet hummingbird plates. Great flatware too. What a pretty tablescape!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty,
    How lucky you were to find the hummingbird plates. Your tea setting is so pretty. It is so much fun to set a pretty table! We don't have a Tuesday Morning where I live, but when travelling I love to stop there! Have a good evening.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely inviting!
    TY for sharing your creativity with us ! i'm entirely inspired ...;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your hummingbird plates. I photograph hummmingbirds a lot around here and they never cease to amaze me. Such a pretty table. I love your flatware too. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh I love those hummingbird dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely tablescape, and I adore the humming birds. That one isn't actually upside down - it's got its wings above its head, and its head dipped down - they do go into the most amazing contortions. Fabulous collection of plates, love them.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sensational entry for Pink Birthday!

    Please come and link at my Color Connection meme through my PINKentry, hope you'll join the fun!

    I am now your follower.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...