I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Jade Plant Before and After


Hello everyone,
How is your week going? We are having 
a heat wave here in Northern California.
Thursday they predict the temps will reach the 90's.
I am loving the warm weather. I have so many 
projects to play with in my garden this year.
But wait...You came to see a 
Before and After Jade Plant.
Well you are in luck, because there are 
Two Jade Plants.
I have two Jade Plants I bought in 2010 at the grocery store for $5.00 each.
Today they are beautiful and healthy plants.
This is one of the plants I bought in 2010. 
I did a tablescape with the plants and some
wild life and you can see how small they were then.
The plants were so small, I can't believe how they have grown and
are so beautiful today.
This is Jade Plant #2
How do I care for my Jade Plants?
In the spring after I'm sure there will
be no more frost, I bring the plants
out into the sunlight.
They are blooming now.
We have a place in the back corner of the patio, where 
all the tender plants are stored and watered everyday
during the winter. I have a burlap cover if I 
know the frost will hit in the morning. 
In the summer the Jade Plants are protected from
the harsh sun under the patio, and watered daily
by a watering system we have installed to
water all the plants in garden.
This plant is happy...So if you are in the grocery store and see
a little Jade Plant~ think of me. 
A mosaic to Pin


Thanks for visiting today and please come back soon.
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking to
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! I have a jade plant that someone gave me from cuttings and it HATES ME!!! I usually do so well with plants but just can't keep the jade plant happy - much of it has rotted away, all that's left now is one stem in the middle with some leaves. I have cut back on watering to see if that will help....fingers crossed!! Yours are lovely - thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this plant in Greece many times. But being that I have a brown thumb I've also managed to kill it. Yours is so beautiful and I've never seen it bloom before. Your photos are lovely. I am co hosting a link party and would love to have you link up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a wonderful jade plant when I was younger...it lived indoors because of our weather....and then I saw a jade bush about 5 ft tall and 4 ft wide where my uncle lived in Ventura, CA. And when I saw all your lovely pictures I was reminded of him!

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I need to stop passing buy the plants at my local grocer! Your jade plants are huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had a jade plant but you have shown how easy they are to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must be the northern climate I live in, but jade plants don't do well around here! Like Mountain Mama, I have a hard time with them. I have a teeny one right now - indoors. We'll see if it makes it long enough to go outdoors once the weather warms up. I can't believe how huge your jade plants are! I didn't know they flowered like that - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jades are beautiful! I love the plant, but I think it might be too warm here in the AZ desert. Are jades a type of succulent, because succulents do fairly well here. Hmmm....I may be on the hunt for a jade!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, I have six grandsons ranging in age 5 to 20. Also I have a large jade that we move up one floor and out on the southern exposer screened porch every spring (we live in Michigan); however, I didn't know it could bloom. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...