I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Visit to San Francisco Flower Mart


Hello everyone,
I hope your week is going well.  I can't believe my 
wonderful luck.  I live about three hours from
San Francisco and in the past three weeks 
I've been to the city twice. Go Here to see our 
sight seeing trip and visit to Alcatraz Island.

This trip to San Francisco was a bus tour done in one day round trip.
My day started at four in the morning. and the bus left around 
six-thirty after some delays. As we were boarding the bus an elderly lady 
fell and broke her elbow, so we had to wait for 
the ambulance to take her to the hospital. Then we were off on our trip. We arrived at 
the San Francisco Flower Mart at ten in the morning. 
We visited the Flower Mart until eleven-thirty. I tried to see
 everything, but I couldn't. I really tried to see as much as possible, 
because this was my first visit the San Francisco Flower Mart. 
This is what I saw as I walked in the big door.
The San Francisco Flower Mart is a one-stop source for all floral products.
Retail florist, flower wholesaler, event planner, interior decorator, gift shop.
The San Francisco Flower Mart has a long history and dates back to
the late 1800's when land was plentiful and local flower growers 
could bring their products to Lotta's fountain in San Francisco three days
a week selling their product to local flower shops.
This current location was opened in 1956 and has over 60 vendors
purveyors of cut flowers, potted plants, blooming plants
and floral supplies. 
Anyone want an Orchid? 
Potted Plants

Roses
I took so many photos it would have been a very long post, so
I made a couple of mosaics for you to see what I experienced. 
For more information go to www.sfflmart.com



After we visited the San Francisco Flower Mart the 
bus tour included an exhibition at the 
de Young museum called 'Bouquets to Art'
I will show you some of the bouquets to art
and another exhibition my girl friends and I
had to see also.
Thanks for visiting and I will see you 
at the THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP
I co-host with Katherine.
Joyously,
Betty 
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. This is something I've wanted to see and visit! It seems lovely! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to San Francisco many times, but unfortunately never made it to the market. Wow ~ just gorgeous! Thanks for the eye candy and tour!!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  3. How heavenly. The flower market is gorgeous. Great tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I love San Francisco but have not been to the flower market. What a beautiful sight to behold. I'm so glad you shared this at Thoughts of Home. We are glad to have you. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...