I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

San Francisco Girl's Trip


Hello everyone, 
Happy April...I've been busy having a great time
 with my daughter and granddaughters. 
The week before Spring break I took my girls on 
a little site seeing trip to San Francisco.
We took the double decker tour bus ride over the 
Golden Gate and back again into the city.
We sat on the top of the open bus and the wind
blew in our faces, while we drank in the beautiful
view of the bay and green hills of Marin County.
We started our first day tour at Union Square. I had arranged 
for the tour bus to take us to the Ferry on wharf. BUT!!
That didn't happen. The bus was running late so we decided
to walk to China Town.
We walked to China Town looking for the other bus, but we missed that bus.  
THEN my daughter suggested we WALK~WHAT?
And that is how our WALKING TOUR  was started.
If I look a little worried in this photo it's because from the China Town Gate 
to Fisherman's Wharf seemed to be a bit of a walk for a Grandma turning
75 in June. 
My granddaughters were wonderful. Thank goodness
it was a down hill walk.
We passed Coit Tower and reached our destination in
time to catch the ferry to Alcatraz Island.

We toured Alcatraz Island for three hours.
More walking...We walked up stairs and up hills.
Another ferry was docked as we arrived at the island. The weather was amazing and the ocean was calm.
I've been to San Francisco many, many times and the weather is windy and cold.
This is the first time I've seen such beautiful weather for walking,
and touring a very interesting U. S. National Park.
A beautiful view from the Island to see the streets of San Francisco.
After spending the afternoon on the Island we walked  to Fisherman's Wharf on Pier 39. 
We did some shopping and enjoyed cracked crab with cocktail sauce on the wharf.
Still walking as the sun was setting on Ghirardelli Square,
we stopped and enjoyed ice cream. It was getting late and dark so
we decided to take the  Cable Car up Powell Street
to our Hostel. What a grand day.
Yes, the girls and I stayed in a Hostel. 
I wanted them to have the experience
of a youth Hostel in case they wanted to
travel and stay with other young people in a safe place. 
We had four bunk beds, a bathroom with shower
and tub. Wi-Fi and plugs above our bed to 
charge our phones and computers.
Day Two: 
We rode the bus across the Golden Gate and back.
Stopped at the Main Gate of the Precidio U.S. National Park.
We got off the bus and walked to the Walt Disney Family Museum.
 We visited the museum for around two hours. Wonderful Memories
for me...I lived during the most productive days of
Walt Disney's life. 
He was the pioneer in animation.  An American entrepreneur, 
animatorvoice actor, and film producer
Day Three: 
We packed the car at check out time and drove all over the city.
We had lunch at the Cliff House and after one last look
at the ocean we piled into the car to head home.
Three days and 16 miles of walking later I was going
to nest myself in the car and visit my granddaughters for
the next six hours.
WE GOT CAUGHT IN AFTERNOON TRAFFIC
ACROSS THE OAKLAND BAY BRIDGE...LOL
I loved every minute of my trip.
We are called..
The Four Traveling Girls
Daughter - Pilot
I am - Fast walker
Granddaughter (16) is Ticket Master
Granddaughter  (14) - is Navigator

The beautiful Pacific Ocean.
A mosaic to Pin


Thank you so much for coming along on my journey in life.
Joyously,
Betty

Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful trip to SFO. My son lives in Las Gatos and we do get into the city. I just love all the places to see.

    So glad your granddaughters went on the trip also. When they get older they only want to be with their friends.

    My hat's off to you doing all that walking, you are a trooper.

    Have a great rest of the week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time with your family! I can't believe you walked that much! I recently had the "brilliant" idea to walk to places in SF with my husband, then I realized we would be walking uphill, both ways ( as that is possible on SF!). Good for you for trekking up those hills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're amazing Betty and I love you �� Barbara C

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing Betty and I love you �� Barbara C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a dream trip for me, we are going to try and get there in the next two summers. Everything looks so beautiful and interesting.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...