I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, December 6, 2010

Dresden Ornaments

Hello Everyone..

I'm joining
A Return to Loveliness-Christmas with Victoria

I love Delicate Dresden Ornaments.  I am so blessed to own two.

I have collected angel ornaments for over 20 years.  I don't remember when or where I acquired these two precious and beautiful angels, but I know for sure they are truly my top favorites. 



The detail on this beauty is amazing. Embellished with tinsel, lace and small satin roses makes this handmade angel remind me of days gone by when the Victorian tradition started with Queen Victoria popularizing the delightful custom of the Christmas tree in England. And the beautiful paper ornaments first crafted in and around Dresden, Germany in the mid-nineteenth century. Hence the name.






What a beautiful sweet face. I could study the design of this ornament for hours.  Such a work of art.







I had my inspiration for this post from the wonderful story about 'Delicate Dresden Ornaments' in Victoria November/December 2009


I'm also joining
 Little Red House for Mosaic Monday


and

Between Naps on the Porch for Deck the Halls Monday 



Thank you so much for visiting today.  Please link back to the parties and look at the wonderful ideas to make our house a home.

Please leave a comment and become a follower

xo
Betty

8 comments:

  1. Good Monday morning Betty,
    Your Dresden ornaments are exquisite!! My favorite is the second one. Her face is angelic!!!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Merry Christmas!
    Warm hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so sweet...what a beautiful collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Betty, I just went to add my post and I see we are 'neighbours' again this week!! How funny is that. I love your beautiful delicate ornaments.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. what beautiful ornaments. Thanks for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree my be so angelic! Do you ever hear a bell ring? Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Love the sweet faces and all the detail! I'll have to go get that issue and read the article! You are blessed indeed to have these two special ornaments. Thank you for joining me this week at Christmas with Victoria! You've made it all the more special,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, these ornaments are really gorgeous. The first one has such stunning detail too. Thank you so much for sharing these with us.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG....OMG....OMG...I just love these..did I mention OMG.....OMG????
    I now follow your Cozy Corner...Oh if ever you were to part (I would never)...oh pick me..pick me..
    Shirley(and Cupid)...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...