I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

An Evening in January

Hello Everyone!!!
I'm so excited!!! I've been waiting for a nice evening to take some photos of the beautiful skies we have been seeing the last few days in Northern California.  I  was driving in the car last night and saw the most incredible sky but I didn't have time to take a photo.  So I planned to play tonight for a few minutes as the sun had almost set and the most wonderful glow was left in the sky. It is so gratifying to look in the viewfinder and compose a photo and experiment with the different exposures on my camera.  It's always amazing to me what light in the sky does in just a few minutes.

I'm joining A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday










I was so surprised when I opened this file and saw a shadow of the moon. I think the other spot on the photo is a star. 








I love blogging and what a great pastime.  The silhouettes of the bare trees are so beautiful.

Thank you so much for joining me for an Evening in January

xo
Betty


Don't forget Cupcake Sunday
January 23, 2011



5 comments:

  1. Betty,

    My Dad is an old sailor and I'll comment what I KNOW he would say if he saw these photos, *Red sky at night, sailor's delight*. Gorgeous photos :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have done something right with your camera as all your shots are great. Lovely sky sights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, Betty. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such a joy to look at. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to look at the colors in the sky in the evening, too! Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...