I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, April 11, 2010

First Bloom - My Bearded Iris


Mosaic Monday

I love to make Mosaics.  The process of the image and placement is a beautiful form of art.
I was going out to my garden yesterday for a photo shoot. But the weather was so rainy and windy, I decided to pick the flowers and bring them into the house for the photo shoot.  I am so glad I did just that.  I had a grand time using my new macro lens.

I have a large bed of bearded Iris.  Iris grow well in our climate.  I have them planted under a large Don Juan climbing rose bush for shade during the hot summer.  They need good drainage and divide after 3-4 years.

The Heuchera are called Alum Root or Coral Bells.  The compact bell-shaped flowers are dainty and long lasting in cut arrangements.  Also hummingbirds are attracted to the bright colors.  I have them well protected under a pomegranate bush and they are one of the first flowers that bloom in the spring.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit.  Please come back soon. If you leave a comment and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

I would like to say thanks to Mary @ Little Red House for hosting this Mosaic Monday.  Please jump back and see more at Mary's place.
xoxo
Betty

4 comments:

  1. The Iris is beautifully colored! You're quite the photographer! Someday I would like to get a macro lens, just beginning...Joan #Americana By Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Lucky you to have a macro.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your mosaic. I love bearded Iris and Coral Bells. It will be about a month before they bloom here. You have taken some gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty,
    It was delightful chatting with you Saturday and now I see you can add photography to your many talents! I love what you've put together on this site :)
    See you soon,
    Renee Harris

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...