I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Show and Tell Friday - Limoges

Show and Tell Friday

Limoges

A little history about Limoges.  It is a porcelain that was actually produced by a number of factories in the Limoges region of France from the late 1700's until around 1930.  At one point in the 1920's as many as 48 companies were producing ware marked Limoges.

I wanted to share the only piece of Limoges, France I have.  I was at an estate sale and I saw this elegant vintage china tureen and when I turned it over it had stamped on the bottom  YES!!!!

France - Limoges

I bought it for $10.00 dollars.  I don't know if it was a good price or not but, I loved it.  The unique shape, patina and detailing are so beautiful. 


It is center stage in the cabinet with my tea cups, saucers and tea pots.  
 This is a great view of the top
I don't know if this piece is decorated with a transfer or hand painted.  Some transfers were decals of sorts that mimicked hand decorating. They were often combined with techniques executed by hand.  I am not an expert.  I just love this piece.  My one and only piece of Limoges China.

Thank you Cindy @ My Romantic Home for hosting this wonderful party.  Please link back to Cindy's blog and enjoy many beautiful things. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please leave a comment.  If you know anything about this piece, please share with me.
Thanks again
xoxo
Betty 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens I think thats a great price. I swoon over anything limoge.
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....that is fanTAStic!!!

    I've been a domestic goddess this week ...making new SOUTHWEST CURTAIN TIE-BACKS Stop by for a visit and viewing if you can find time! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a stunning piece. I love the shape and the beautiful design around the edges. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely piece. I think that $10.00 is a great buy for such a pretty find! It's a pleasure to meet you Betty. I am your newest follower and will be back to visit you again!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word that is gorgeous! I would have snatched it up and RUN to the car. WooHoo for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This piece is soooo PRETTY...thanks for sharing it! I have a few pieces that I treasure. Come by and show off your $10 find at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...hope to see you there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again Betty! Thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog for Pink Saturday! In reading your profile, I want to congratulate you for being married for 50 years! God Bless you and your husband!! David and I will be celebrating 21 years this June. Marriage is a blessed union and although it is tough to stay together in this world, the blessings far out weigh the hassles. I hope that you and your husband have many more happy years together!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Betty! It's gorgeous. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You betcha that's a great price...and it IS lovely!....What a fun purchase.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...