I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tablescape #2

Aloha





















 

Every day this week I have been thinking of my vacation.  On Saturday I will be leaving for a ten day holiday to Maui.
Today, while picking the roses for this bouquet I thought they had a very tropical appearance. 
The multicolored rose is Joseph's Coat. 



And, the exquisitely cupped yellow rose with red or apricot tinting and a tea like scent is  Graham Thomas. 
The vase is Martha Stewart I bought years ago. 




I love the refreshing look of this salad plate. I bought eight plates at the DT for $8.00 dollars.
I use the plates in the summer for salad or dessert.


This plate I bought at a discount grocery store for $1.00 dollar. So I bought eight for $8.00 dollars.


This plate and 13 more glass plates I found at a church rummage sale for .10cents each.  I love just them. 


The picnic flatware I bought at a discount store.  Very inexpensive for a set of eight.
The red napkins and wooden napkins rings I bought so long ago (25+)
You know when the wooden napkins rings were so popular. The saltcellars are antique and the salt spoons were a gift. 


My dear sweet sister gave me four beautiful wine glasses as a thank you gift on one of her visits
a few years ago.  I thought they went perfectly with my tropical theme.  I can just hear the waves now.

 
Tablescape #2 is finished. 
I love playing Tablescape Thursday with Susan @ Between Naps on the Porch
and
 Leigh @ Tales from Bloggeritaville for Thrifty Thursday
Please jump over and visit their blogs. 
You are in for a treat.























Thank you for stopping by.
Please leave a comment. 
I love to read your comments. 
Aloha 
Betty 

8 comments:

  1. Very lovely. Your roses are gorgeous. Have a wonderful vacation.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roses look great in that vase - enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such a colorful and pretty table. I LOVE your roses :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. Good vactaion wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty roses and nice table.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous roses! Your table is so happy with those bright salad plates looking up at us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red and yellow elements on your table work so well together! And with roses in a pretty vase to complement your dishes, what more could you ask? Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you, have a spectacular trip! The colors do look like a Hawaiian paradise. You found some nice plates at good prices. Aloha, Joan

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...