I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, April 5, 2010

Rooster - A Kitchen Icon

It's Mosaic Monday at  Little Red House. Thank you Mary for hosting this meme.    Please link back to Mary's and see the phenomenal mosaics.   

I would like to share my kitchen theme.  Enter any French kitchen, and the first thing you are likely to see is a brightly colored rooster.  My Rooster creates a country feel in my kitchen and adds warmth and comfort too.  

No one knows for sure, how the rooster became such a kitchen icon.  When a rooster finds a new food source, he loudly calls for the hens to come running.  This evokes an image of calling your family to the dinner table.  And farm kitchens around the world have been known throughout time for serving hearty meals to hungry farm hands.  Therefore a rooster is a common farm symbol.  The rooster is also a very proud and colorful animal, adding a proud ambiance to a kitchen as well as a splash of color.  If we are proud of our cooking the rooster theme will crow our pride to the world. 


One of the rooster's main jobs is waking up the farm with his loud crowing at sunrise.  The rooster in my kitchen symbolizes morning and a fresh start with a new day.

Thank you so much for joining me at my cozy corner. I would love if you would please leave a comment. 
Have a great day!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love all of the roosters. They are wondeful. One of my favorite things. Super mosaic. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rooster mosaic. I have a few roosters in my kitchen, too. They have also found spots in other parts of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute.
    Your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Betty,

    I love roosters...ceramic and REAL. :0)

    I'm running late today but love to have you come by for a visit.

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rooster plates! Enjoyed looking at your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...