I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dining Room~Nutcracker Tree~


Hello everyone,
My Holiday decorating is coming along nicely. I've finished the kitchen and I wanted to share my little Nutcracker Tree with you all.  I love seeing the twinkling lights at night on a holiday tree.  
Last year this tree was in the living room decorated with angels. Here
This year the little tree is in the kitchen playing host to my mini nutcrackers.
I've added a few DT glittery ornaments.
And some artificial poinsettia blooms here and there.
This little guy has a string to put his little legs up and down.
I have three larger nutcrackers guarding the tree on the bottom. 
 
I made this green felt tree skirt with beautiful green fringe some 20 years ago. I cut the felt in a large circle and sewed the wonderful fringe many on the bottom.  I found the idea in a Martha Stewart magazine years ago. Today I found the same instructions on Martha Stewart's wed site.  Here
Thanks for visiting and I'll be back with more kitchen decor in a few days. 
Linking to:
Show and Tell
Be Inspired Friday
Feathered Nest 
Betty 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Great way to display a collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love a themed tree, and this one doesn't fail! Your collection is amazing!

    Going to see The Nutcracker Ballet tomorrow evening, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...