I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, December 14, 2013

~My Happy House Covered with Snow~




Hi everyone, 
Hey! This is California...and it doesn't snow very often
Last Friday we had a snow storm.
 The elevation of our house is around 728 feet and snow is usually only a light dusting, but we had four inches...  
The lights and decorations are fine and it was so beautiful.
This is our back yard early in the morning.
I haven't cleaned the garden, but I'll be out there this week. Today the snow is history. All the leaves have fallen and on Tuesday  I have a 100 bulbs to plant next to the park bench for blooms next spring...
My sweet angel has a mound of snow as her crown. And she is knee deep in a snow drift.
This is a view looking up our street.  Our daughter lives across the street from where the car is parked on the right hand side.  We are so blessed to have her and our grand girls so close.
This is our next door neighbor's yard. His Holiday display is covered with snow. I don't think anything was damaged, but it could have been serious if it had snowed much more.  
To see our house and our neighbor's house go HERE
I know that snow is no big deal for the folks that live with it on a daily basis each winter, but it is a novelty to our little neck of the woods.  The girls and I went to the movies on the night it snowed, and we were the only three people watching the movie. We saw 'A Christmas Candle' filmed in England. The girls were so excited to have Grandpa drives us to the movies in the snow. They stayed the night and were up bright and early the next morning making a snow-women before the snow melted. 
I do live a wonderful and joyous life.
Thanks for visiting
Linking to:
See you soon, with more Holiday Cheer!
Betty 

5 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. Snow can look so beautiful at times, but one has to be careful in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in south Alabama I understand the novelty of snow because we don't get it often. It is so pretty and nice when there is not damage. Your pictures are very pretty and I share your excitement and wonder.

    Your time with your grandkids is special. You are blessed to have them close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, I lived in So Cal for years and only saw one small snow, nothing like this. Looks gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for snow! We don't have it as often as we used to, but we've had 3 or 4 dustings already. Hoping for a white christmas. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snow! We don't get that much here either but, always wish for a white Christmas. Neat pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...